Deadline to apply for 2010 Volvo Trucks Safety Award is May 30
The deadline to apply for the 2010 Volvo Trucks Safety Awards is approaching quickly. Entries for the high-profile award, which recognizes the safest fleets in the U.S. and Canada, must be received by May 30, 2010. Two fleets with the safest driving records and top safety programs will each receive $25,000 prizes to be used on their safety activities.
The winners of the award will be announced in Fall 2010. The two grand prizes will be awarded to the fleets with the best records in two divisions based on annual vehicle miles traveled: less than 20 million miles and more than 20 million miles. Complete rules and entry forms are at http://www.volvosafetyaward.com.
The Volvo Trucks Safety Award is open to all U.S. and Canadian fleets operating at least five Class 8 units. Fleets must have at least one Volvo tractor in operation to be eligible for the award. Entrants will be ranked by their accident frequency rates. Participating fleets will also be judged on their accident prevention activities. Michelin is also a sponsor of this year’s award.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1594 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”260 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention168 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban125 Views