Deadline to apply for 2010 Volvo Trucks Safety Award is May 30
The deadline to apply for the 2010 Volvo Trucks Safety Awards is approaching quickly. Entries for the high-profile award, which recognizes the safest fleets in the U.S. and Canada, must be received by May 30, 2010. Two fleets with the safest driving records and top safety programs will each receive $25,000 prizes to be used on their safety activities.
The winners of the award will be announced in Fall 2010. The two grand prizes will be awarded to the fleets with the best records in two divisions based on annual vehicle miles traveled: less than 20 million miles and more than 20 million miles. Complete rules and entry forms are at http://www.volvosafetyaward.com.
The Volvo Trucks Safety Award is open to all U.S. and Canadian fleets operating at least five Class 8 units. Fleets must have at least one Volvo tractor in operation to be eligible for the award. Entrants will be ranked by their accident frequency rates. Participating fleets will also be judged on their accident prevention activities. Michelin is also a sponsor of this year’s award.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets540 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year305 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either283 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY135 Views