Deborah A.P. Hersman sworn in for second term as NTSB Chairman
Deborah Hersman was officially sworn in on Aug. 4 for a second two-year term as National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) chairman.
She became chairman on July 28, 2009. She was nominated for the second term by President Barack Obama on June 28, 2011, and confirmed by the U.S. Senate on August 2.
“I am deeply honored to continue serving as chairman of the NTSB,” Hersman said in a written statement from NTSB. “It has been a privilege to lead this remarkable organization with its dedicated and professional employees. I look forward to continuing to work with my fellow board members and the staff to make transportation safer for our citizens.”
Her term as chairman ends on Aug. 3, 2013. She is concurrently serving a second five-year term as board member, which runs through Dec. 31, 2013.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials names new president and CEO724 Views
- Safety alert: Bright future cut short after drowning500 Views
- 3-year-old takes a turn as quarry foreman402 Views
- Bluff Spring Fen: Rare collaboration awarded for gorgeous restoration274 Views
- Lawsuit filed against directors of Martin Marietta260 Views