Deborah A.P. Hersman sworn in for second term as NTSB Chairman
Deborah Hersman was officially sworn in on Aug. 4 for a second two-year term as National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) chairman.
She became chairman on July 28, 2009. She was nominated for the second term by President Barack Obama on June 28, 2011, and confirmed by the U.S. Senate on August 2.
“I am deeply honored to continue serving as chairman of the NTSB,” Hersman said in a written statement from NTSB. “It has been a privilege to lead this remarkable organization with its dedicated and professional employees. I look forward to continuing to work with my fellow board members and the staff to make transportation safer for our citizens.”
Her term as chairman ends on Aug. 3, 2013. She is concurrently serving a second five-year term as board member, which runs through Dec. 31, 2013.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February431 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again272 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)173 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views