Deborah A.P. Hersman sworn in for second term as NTSB Chairman
Deborah Hersman was officially sworn in on Aug. 4 for a second two-year term as National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) chairman.
She became chairman on July 28, 2009. She was nominated for the second term by President Barack Obama on June 28, 2011, and confirmed by the U.S. Senate on August 2.
“I am deeply honored to continue serving as chairman of the NTSB,” Hersman said in a written statement from NTSB. “It has been a privilege to lead this remarkable organization with its dedicated and professional employees. I look forward to continuing to work with my fellow board members and the staff to make transportation safer for our citizens.”
Her term as chairman ends on Aug. 3, 2013. She is concurrently serving a second five-year term as board member, which runs through Dec. 31, 2013.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1345 Views
- Martin Marietta sees business results soar412 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”248 Views
- Man dies in silo accident at Texas concrete plant216 Views