Deborah A.P. Hersman sworn in for second term as NTSB Chairman
Deborah Hersman was officially sworn in on Aug. 4 for a second two-year term as National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) chairman.
She became chairman on July 28, 2009. She was nominated for the second term by President Barack Obama on June 28, 2011, and confirmed by the U.S. Senate on August 2.
“I am deeply honored to continue serving as chairman of the NTSB,” Hersman said in a written statement from NTSB. “It has been a privilege to lead this remarkable organization with its dedicated and professional employees. I look forward to continuing to work with my fellow board members and the staff to make transportation safer for our citizens.”
Her term as chairman ends on Aug. 3, 2013. She is concurrently serving a second five-year term as board member, which runs through Dec. 31, 2013.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person930 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger394 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)342 Views
- Caterpillar unveils the CT680, a rugged work truck wrapped in style (PHOTOS)198 Views
- Lafarge announces rural road solution as a low-cost alternative to asphalt192 Views