Detroit marks production of 100,000th DD platform engine
Detroit Diesel Corp. marked the production of the 100,000th engine coming off its DD Platform assembly line with a celebration at its Redford, Mich., manufacturing facility on Nov. 30.
The DD Platform of Detroit heavy-duty engines — which includes the DD13, DD15, and DD16 — was jointly developed by Daimler Trucks in Germany, Japan, and the United States and features more than 90 percent globally shared parts. Launched in 2007 with the introduction of the DD15, this engine platform is the largest investment ever made in product development by an engine manufacturer.
“Our DD Platform was an important step in our strategy of having a globally-coordinated engine development and production network,” Henning Oeltjenbruns, plant manager, Detroit Diesel Corp., said in a written statement from the company. “This platform has resulted in enhanced technologies and operating efficiencies that will continue to benefit our customers.”
The DD Platform of engines features state-of-the-art technology, robust construction, and fully electronic management. The DD13, DD15, and DD16’s powerful performance, excellent fuel efficiency and easy serviceability are ideal for a wide variety of applications.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)423 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars346 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)290 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees274 Views
- Texas town buys quarry land to eventually shut it down and keep the neighborhood quiet209 Views