Diesel fuel price report: August 5, 2013
After three consecutive weeks of rising diesel costs, U.S. diesel fuel prices fell in every region this week.
The Lower Atlantic region experienced the greatest weekly decrease at $0.016 per gallon less than last week, though the region’s diesel prices were $0.039 per gallon higher than a year ago.
The Rocky Mountain region experienced the greatest weekly increase at $0.018 per gallon more than last week and $0.118 per gallon higher than a year ago. The Rocky Mountain region was one of three regions to see rising diesel fuel costs.
The average price for diesel in the U.S. this week is $0.006 per gallon more less a week ago but $0.059 per gallon higher than a year ago.
All prices reflect on-highway diesel fuel costs.
|8/5/13||Change From One Week Ago||Change From One Year Ago|
|West Coast less California||$3.961||-0.009||+0.078|
Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration (dollars per gallon, prices include all taxes).
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry320 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views