Diesel fuel price report: August 5, 2013
After three consecutive weeks of rising diesel costs, U.S. diesel fuel prices fell in every region this week.
The Lower Atlantic region experienced the greatest weekly decrease at $0.016 per gallon less than last week, though the region’s diesel prices were $0.039 per gallon higher than a year ago.
The Rocky Mountain region experienced the greatest weekly increase at $0.018 per gallon more than last week and $0.118 per gallon higher than a year ago. The Rocky Mountain region was one of three regions to see rising diesel fuel costs.
The average price for diesel in the U.S. this week is $0.006 per gallon more less a week ago but $0.059 per gallon higher than a year ago.
All prices reflect on-highway diesel fuel costs.
|8/5/13||Change From One Week Ago||Change From One Year Ago|
|West Coast less California||$3.961||-0.009||+0.078|
Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration (dollars per gallon, prices include all taxes).
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A truck driver died at a cement plant in Missouri580 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas416 Views
- Dolese Bros. spend millions to upgrade another facility in Oklahoma291 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials269 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry240 Views