Diesel fuel price report: July 8, 2013
After a week of decreases across the board, U.S. diesel fuel prices jumped in nearly every region this week.
The Gulf Coast region experienced the greatest weekly increase at $0.018 per gallon more than last week and $0.148 per gallon higher than a year ago.
The New England and Rocky Mountain regions experienced the only decreases this week, with prices falling $0.006 per gallon and $0.008 per gallon, respectively. However, year-over-year costs continued to climb in these regions. Diesel fuel prices are $0.125 per gallon higher than a year ago in the New England region and $0.131 higher than a year ago in the Rocky Mountain region.
The average price for diesel in the U.S. this week also rose. Diesel prices in the U.S. are $0.011 per gallon more than a week ago and $0.145 per gallon higher than a year ago.
All prices reflect on-highway diesel fuel costs.
|7/8/13||Change From One Week Ago||Change From One Year Ago|
|West Coast less California||$3.864||+0.008||+0.166|
Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration (dollars per gallon, prices include all taxes).
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views