Diesel fuel price report: October 16, 2013
We reported on Monday that the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) is closed due to the federal government shutdown and will not report on diesel fuel prices until it reopens.
Since then, we’ve learned that ProMiles’ Fuel Surcharge Index, a website that collects retail fuel prices from truck stops across the U.S., will take over reporting national diesel fuel costs until EIA reopens.
According to the data from Fuel Surcharge Index, U.S. diesel fuel prices fell $0.010 per gallon to $3.834. The data show costs have dropped for at least three weeks now. EIA data previously showed a four-week decline.
Diesel prices fell in every U.S. region this week.
California experienced the greatest weekly decline, with diesel costing $0.035 per gallon less than a week ago and $0.308 per gallon less than a year ago.
The average price for diesel in the U.S. this week is $0.010 per gallon less than a week ago and $0.292 per gallon lower than a year ago.
Year-over-year costs decreased in every region. All prices reflect on-highway diesel fuel costs.
|10/14/13||Change From One Week Ago||Change From One Year Ago|
|West Coast less California||$3.108||-0.006||-0.341|
Source: ProMiles’ Fuel Surcharge Index (dollars per gallon, prices include all taxes).
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park161 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule126 Views