Diesel fuel price report: September 23, 2013
Diesel prices fell in most U.S. regions, with one region experiencing increasing costs.
The Rocky Mountain region experienced the only climb this week at $002 per gallon more than last week, though prices in the region are $0.285 per gallon lower than a year ago.
The West Coast less California region experienced the greatest weekly decline, with diesel costing $0.037 per gallon less than a week ago and $0.254 per gallon less than a year ago.
The average price for diesel in the U.S. this week is $0.025 per gallon less than a week ago and $0.137 per gallon lower than a year ago.
Year-over-year costs decreased in every region.
All prices reflect on-highway diesel fuel costs.
|9/23/13||Change From One Week Ago||Change From One Year Ago|
|West Coast less California||$3.995||-0.037||-0.254|
Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration (dollars per gallon, prices include all taxes).
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry475 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry315 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views