Diesel price hits 9-month low
The national average price for a gallon of on-highway diesel fell another eight-tenths of a cent this week, putting it at $3.835, according to the Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration.
That’s the lowest the national average price has been since the week ended Nov. 18 and the seventh straight week the average price has dropped.
It also puts the U.S. average price 6.5 cents lower than the same week last year.
All regions in the U.S. also saw price decreases, except for the California subregion, which had a two-tenths of a cent increase.
The Central Atlantic had the largest decrease, 1.4 cents, followed by the Lower Atlantic and East Coast’s 1.2-cent drops each. The Gulf Coast had a 1.1-cent drop.
California had the country’s highest diesel average, $4.086, followed by the West Coast’s (including California) $4.015. All other regions were below $4.
The Gulf Coast had the country’s cheapest diesel, $3.739, followed by the Midwest’s $3.78 and the Lower Atlantic’s $3.788.
This article was written by James Jaillet, associate editor for Overdrive Online.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry320 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views