Doosan debuting new brand, Tier 4i mobile generators
Doosan Portable Power, the leading global provider of mobile power platforms, has completed the final stages of rebranding its mobile generator portfolio of 10 models ranging from 25 kVA – 570 kVA from the previous Ingersoll Rand brand. Doosan Portable Power will debut the new Doosan branding on the mobile generator line at Power-Gen International 2011 in booth No. 4420.
The new brand isn’t all that’s making a first appearance in the Doosan Portable Power booth — a new portfolio of mobile generator models meeting the Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Tier 4 Interim (Tier 4i) emission standards will also be introduced. Four new Tier 4i-compliant mobile generators will be launched with two models, the G190 and G325, featured for display at Power-Gen International.
Each of these new models has been substantially redesigned from their predecessors to incorporate numerous customer focused innovations in addition to achieving Tier 4i-compliance. Controls are simplified for easy operation, connection panels are made more accessible for improved safety and convenience, and sound levels are reduced by at least 2 dB(A) to ensure quieter operation.
The mobile generators on display share several key features required by customers who demand a high-performance generator for construction, rental and specialty applications:
- The rugged enclosure features a revolutionary design incorporating the powertrain and cooling system into separate compartments combined with the industry’s first mass production application of radial cooling fan technology yielding the lowest sound level on the market without sacrificing performance or reliability — even at extreme temperatures.
- The operator-preferred analog control panel has been redesigned to include larger, brightly-lit meters for at-a-glance monitoring plus on-board engine diagnostics and simple control and management of the engine emission controls.
- All models through G325 now feature a Voltage Selector Switch for fast and easy configuration to most common voltages and include Doosan’s signature protection feature that prevents operators from switching voltage during operation — a common cause of downtime and expensive component failure.
- The redesigned connection panel provides operators more space for safe and easy power wiring connections plus an optional camlock panel further expands connection versatility. Also included is an array of twist-lock and GFCI receptacles for simple convenient connections.
- Onboard fuel capacity has been increased to exceed 24-hour runtime at any load factor, plus the environmental containment system contains and prevents spillage of fuel and oil, while the new enclosure design yields near-zero water ingression into the containment basin, even in the heaviest of rainstorms.
All Doosan Portable Power generators are designed and manufactured in America at the Doosan Portable Power’s global headquarters in Statesville, N.C., an ISO 9001 facility.
The new models launching at Power-Gen International include the G150, rated at 150kVA / 120kW, the G190, rated at 190kVA / 152kW and the G240 rated at 240kVA / 192kW, each powered by a Tier 4i-compliant Cummins QSB7 engine. The new G325, which was introduced earlier this year, has a Tier 4i-compliant Cummins QSL9 engine rated at 325 kVA/260 kW.
In addition to the G190 and G325 models, Doosan Portable Power will also have the G70 model on display.
For a short video on the new Doosan Portable Power brand, go to bit.ly/doosanppbrand.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…