Doosan mid-range hydraulic excavators feature ROPS cabs
The cabs will conform to the new ROPS standard established by ISO 12117-2: 2008, which applies to ROPS for hydraulic excavators as defined in ISO 6165 with a working mass of more than 6 metric tons and less than 50 metric tons.
Doosan excavator models covered under the ISO standard will range from the DX140LC to the DX480LC. The new ROPS-certified cabs will also be available on log loader models without cab risers.
The new ROPS cabs will not be available on Doosan DX520LC and DX700LC models or log loader models with cab risers. DX480LC excavators that exceed 50 metric tons due to certain optional equipment or larger attachments are also excluded.
In addition to conforming to the ISO standard, the new cabs will offer enhancements designed to improve operator comfort and convenience. These include the following:
- Pressurized cabs.
- Relocation of the fresh air filter to the outside of the cab.
- Control stands integrated into the seat assembly.
- Integration of the switch panel into the right-hand control stand.
- New orange and grey seats with retractable seat belts.
- An improved, optional, heated air suspension seat.
- An upgraded monitor panel with an automatic day/night mode.
- A rear-view camera as standard equipment.
Other enhancements include an easier opening front window and improved storage boxes.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry319 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views