Doosan: Optimized for CEGR system, meets Tier 4i
The Doosan Infracore DX300LC crawler excavator is powered by a 213-horsepower, 6-cylinder Doosan DL08K water-cooled diesel engine that has been optimized for use with a cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) system, diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), and diesel particulate filter (DPF). The engine in this configuration is optimized to reduce nitrogen oxides and aftertreatment is needed to reduce particulate matter to comply with interim Tier 4 (iT4) emission regulations.
The 466-cubic-inch engine features a variable geometry turbocharger to provide optimized boost and a high-pressure common rail design with direct fuel injection, electronic control, and four valves per cylinder to improve fuel efficiency. Cooling system upgrades include a split cooling system with a variable-speed hydraulic fan regulating airflow through the oil cooler. This allows the engine and oil cooling systems to be controlled independently, improving fuel efficiency, and provides a quieter operator environment. The new cooling system, on average, has a 10 to 15 percent greater cooling capacity.
The DX300LC is designed for road building, site development, oil and gas pipeline development, and other construction applications with an operating weight of 66,782 pounds; a maximum digging depth of 24 feet; dump height of 23 feet, 10 inches; and maximum digging reach of 35 feet, 2 inches.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February352 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car196 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole147 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges129 Views