Doosan: Optimized for CEGR system, meets Tier 4i
The Doosan Infracore DX300LC crawler excavator is powered by a 213-horsepower, 6-cylinder Doosan DL08K water-cooled diesel engine that has been optimized for use with a cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) system, diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), and diesel particulate filter (DPF). The engine in this configuration is optimized to reduce nitrogen oxides and aftertreatment is needed to reduce particulate matter to comply with interim Tier 4 (iT4) emission regulations.
The 466-cubic-inch engine features a variable geometry turbocharger to provide optimized boost and a high-pressure common rail design with direct fuel injection, electronic control, and four valves per cylinder to improve fuel efficiency. Cooling system upgrades include a split cooling system with a variable-speed hydraulic fan regulating airflow through the oil cooler. This allows the engine and oil cooling systems to be controlled independently, improving fuel efficiency, and provides a quieter operator environment. The new cooling system, on average, has a 10 to 15 percent greater cooling capacity.
The DX300LC is designed for road building, site development, oil and gas pipeline development, and other construction applications with an operating weight of 66,782 pounds; a maximum digging depth of 24 feet; dump height of 23 feet, 10 inches; and maximum digging reach of 35 feet, 2 inches.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A truck driver died at a cement plant in Missouri716 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas423 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials260 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry241 Views
- Making sense of the split: Don't worry about Navistar, but where will Caterpillar find its 15-liter truck engine?224 Views