Doosan Portable Power helps Purple Heart Homes, volunteers build veteran’s custom home
Doosan Portable Power last month worked to help a Marine Corps veteran move from Spartansburg, South Carolina, to Denver, North Carolina.
Doosan Portable Power teamed up with Purple Heart Homes and other volunteering organizations and community members on July 12 to help build a home for the 8-year service veteran, his wife and their four children.
The project was part of an ongoing effort by Purple Heart Homes to build customized homes that fit the needs of service-disabled veterans.
Amy Meadows, Doosan Portable Power marketing communications specialist, organized the Doosan Portable Power team participation.
“Organizations like Purple Heart Homes make an incredible impact on these families — letting them know their sacrifices are recognized, their service is appreciated, and that as a community, we’re grateful,” Meadows said. “We were absolutely honored to be a part of this effort.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program616 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas414 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents296 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials244 Views