Doosan Portable Power helps Purple Heart Homes, volunteers build veteran’s custom home
Doosan Portable Power last month worked to help a Marine Corps veteran move from Spartansburg, South Carolina, to Denver, North Carolina.
Doosan Portable Power teamed up with Purple Heart Homes and other volunteering organizations and community members on July 12 to help build a home for the 8-year service veteran, his wife and their four children.
The project was part of an ongoing effort by Purple Heart Homes to build customized homes that fit the needs of service-disabled veterans.
Amy Meadows, Doosan Portable Power marketing communications specialist, organized the Doosan Portable Power team participation.
“Organizations like Purple Heart Homes make an incredible impact on these families — letting them know their sacrifices are recognized, their service is appreciated, and that as a community, we’re grateful,” Meadows said. “We were absolutely honored to be a part of this effort.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines387 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger313 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)303 Views