DOT awards $77 million in research grants
U.S. Department of Transportation awarded $77 million in grants to 22 University Transportation Centers (UTC) to advance transportation research and education programs.
The UTCs conduct research that directly supports DOT priorities.
DOT’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), which administers the UTC program, selected 10 UTCs, two transit-focused UTCs and 10 regional UTCs. Each of the selected UTCs will receive a $3.5 million grant to match with funds from non-federal sources.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections450 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest388 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?356 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company355 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations303 Views