DSC Dredge reports sales increase two months after consolidation
U.S. dredge manufacturer DSC Dredge LLC reported an increase in overall sales just two months after the company consolidated its subsidiaries including, Dredging Supply Company, Inc., Best Equipment, and W&S Dredge Manufacturer.
After a sluggish start in 2010, the company says it “has greatly increased production with exports making up the majority of backlogged sales.”
Within the first two quarters of 2010, the company has exported, delivered, and commissioned 18 projects worldwide.
The company expects to exceed last year’s performance in both number of projects completed and revenues.
The following international deliveries have been made in 2010:
(1) 12 (300 mm) Shark Class dredge to France
(1) 16” (400 mm) Shark Class dredge to Honduras
(1) 18” (450 mm) Shark Class dredge to Nigeria
(1) 18” (450 mm) Shark Class dredge to Bangladesh
(2) 12” (300 mm) Barracuda class dredges to Canada
(1) 8” (200 mm) Badger dredge to India
Currently, a crew is onsite at a local shipyard commissioning the Port of New Orleans’ 24” (600 mm) custom submerged pump dredge that is scheduled to be christened late-August. This sale represents a milestone in DSC’s history as it is the most modern port dredge in the world. By request of the Port of New Orleans, DSC designed the dredge for specific port maintenance required in New Orleans, which includes many customized features.
Simultaneously, crews are working at the manufacturing facilities to design and build (2) dual pump 24” (600 mm) Marlin dredges and a 40’ (12m) custom workboat with crew quarters for Bashundhara Group of Bangladesh. These dredges will be used to maintain major rivers and costal belts in a government-funded, mega project called “Capital Dredging on Inland Waterways”, in which 55 million cubic meters of silt will be removed during the project’s initial phase.
Earlier this year, DSC Dredge LLC was created as an umbrella company to encompass all the corporation’s sub-companies, including Dredging Supply Company, Inc., Best Equipment, M&S Equipment, Better Dredges, Inc., W&S Dredge Manufacturer, Reliable Gulf South LLC, Dredge Surplus, and Dragados Sud-America (DSA). The consolidation was an effective way for the company to pool their resources together, improving efficiencies across the board.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1053 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company481 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources427 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger403 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register317 Views