East Manufacturing president to retire, successor named
Randolph, Ohio-based East Manufacturing Corp. President and Chief Operating Officer David Tate is retiring on Nov. 1, 2011, after 32 years of service to the company and the trucking industry. He will be succeeded by David de Poincy, who joined the company Aug. 1, 2011 and is transitioning into the president and COO position.
After having served six years as a U.S. Navy officer and seven years in sales and management with a computer services company, Tate began his career with East in 1979 as director of marketing. He also served as vice president sales and marketing and executive vice president prior to promotion to his current position in 1999.
“I am very proud of the people of our company who have worked so hard to help East Manufacturing achieve a very strong brand name as a leader in the aluminum trailer industry,” Tate said in a written statement.
“…my replacement, David de Poincy…brings a wealth of business experience to East, having served as president of three companies over the last 17 years, including nine years with trailer manufacturer Transcraft,” Tate added. “I am most confident Dave will have a long and successful tenure at East,” added Tate.
“Dave Tate has done a great job of leading East and building it into one of the most respected companies in the trailer industry,” said de Poincy, “and I wish him all the best in his retirement. Looking forward, I’m excited to return to the industry, especially as a part of this company. East is in a prime position for continued growth through processes refinement, enhanced system implementation, and aggressive marketing. Together with East’s experienced, qualified employees we will bring the company to the next level.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February425 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)164 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views
- Wisconsin sand hauling company to lay off workers due to decreased frac sand demand126 Views