Energy reps discuss benefits of shale energy in front of Congress
Two shale energy representatives discussed the benefits of shale oil and gas yesterday at a hearing entitled “America’s Onshore Energy Resources: Creating Jobs, Securing America, and Lowering Prices.”
The representatives spoke to the United States House of Representatives Natural Resources Subcommittee on Energy & Mineral Resources, testifying on behalf of shale energy.
At the hearing, Whit Perryman, CEO of Vermeer Equipment of Texas-Louisiana and Associated Equipment Distributors’ (AED) 2013 vice president, and Don Shilling, president of General Equipment & Supplies and AED’s 2013 senior vice president, told the subcommittee the positive economic effects of shale gas and oil are extending beyond the energy sector.
Perryman pointed to AED estimates of more than $2.4 billion of shale energy equipment revenues in Texas alone. Perryman also noted told the subcommittee the energy boom has increased positively affected Texas and Louisiana, increasing employment and allowed companies to expand in the two states.
Shilling, who testified in both his AED capacity and on behalf of the Energy Equipment and Infrastructure Alliance (EEIA), discussed how domestic energy extraction has affected his company. Shilling also noted the importance of allowing states to regulate energy development while streamlining the federal permitting process.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM AggBeat
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 847 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts159 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning142 Views
- Attention Congress: Two-thirds of jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors121 Views