Energy reps discuss benefits of shale energy in front of Congress
Two shale energy representatives discussed the benefits of shale oil and gas yesterday at a hearing entitled “America’s Onshore Energy Resources: Creating Jobs, Securing America, and Lowering Prices.”
The representatives spoke to the United States House of Representatives Natural Resources Subcommittee on Energy & Mineral Resources, testifying on behalf of shale energy.
At the hearing, Whit Perryman, CEO of Vermeer Equipment of Texas-Louisiana and Associated Equipment Distributors’ (AED) 2013 vice president, and Don Shilling, president of General Equipment & Supplies and AED’s 2013 senior vice president, told the subcommittee the positive economic effects of shale gas and oil are extending beyond the energy sector.
Perryman pointed to AED estimates of more than $2.4 billion of shale energy equipment revenues in Texas alone. Perryman also noted told the subcommittee the energy boom has increased positively affected Texas and Louisiana, increasing employment and allowed companies to expand in the two states.
Shilling, who testified in both his AED capacity and on behalf of the Energy Equipment and Infrastructure Alliance (EEIA), discussed how domestic energy extraction has affected his company. Shilling also noted the importance of allowing states to regulate energy development while streamlining the federal permitting process.
From our partners
MORE FROM AggBeat
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car198 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole147 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges129 Views
- Wisconsin sand hauling company to lay off workers due to decreased frac sand demand125 Views