Energy reps discuss benefits of shale energy in front of Congress
Two shale energy representatives discussed the benefits of shale oil and gas yesterday at a hearing entitled “America’s Onshore Energy Resources: Creating Jobs, Securing America, and Lowering Prices.”
The representatives spoke to the United States House of Representatives Natural Resources Subcommittee on Energy & Mineral Resources, testifying on behalf of shale energy.
At the hearing, Whit Perryman, CEO of Vermeer Equipment of Texas-Louisiana and Associated Equipment Distributors’ (AED) 2013 vice president, and Don Shilling, president of General Equipment & Supplies and AED’s 2013 senior vice president, told the subcommittee the positive economic effects of shale gas and oil are extending beyond the energy sector.
Perryman pointed to AED estimates of more than $2.4 billion of shale energy equipment revenues in Texas alone. Perryman also noted told the subcommittee the energy boom has increased positively affected Texas and Louisiana, increasing employment and allowed companies to expand in the two states.
Shilling, who testified in both his AED capacity and on behalf of the Energy Equipment and Infrastructure Alliance (EEIA), discussed how domestic energy extraction has affected his company. Shilling also noted the importance of allowing states to regulate energy development while streamlining the federal permitting process.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM AggBeat
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views