Environmental groups challenge Millington Quarry rehabilitation
Two environmental groups have begun challenging the Planning Board’s partial endorsement for Millington Quarry’s rehabilitation plan near Basking Ridge, New Jersey, according to a report from The Bernardsville News.
Citizens for a Clean and Safe Millington Quarry (CCSMQ) and the Bernards Townships’ Environmental Commission urged the Township Committee to reject the recommendation.
However, Planning Board member Kevin Orr and former board member Ann Parsekian said denying the proposal could delay health risk assessments and could be cause for a lawsuit from Millington Quarry, Inc., which owns the property.
The board’s partial endorsement included a plan that would prohibit Millington Quarry from importing soil.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident346 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!214 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion205 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution187 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing186 Views