Environmental groups challenge Millington Quarry rehabilitation
Two environmental groups have begun challenging the Planning Board’s partial endorsement for Millington Quarry’s rehabilitation plan near Basking Ridge, New Jersey, according to a report from The Bernardsville News.
Citizens for a Clean and Safe Millington Quarry (CCSMQ) and the Bernards Townships’ Environmental Commission urged the Township Committee to reject the recommendation.
However, Planning Board member Kevin Orr and former board member Ann Parsekian said denying the proposal could delay health risk assessments and could be cause for a lawsuit from Millington Quarry, Inc., which owns the property.
The board’s partial endorsement included a plan that would prohibit Millington Quarry from importing soil.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability650 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure496 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views