Environmental groups challenge Millington Quarry rehabilitation
Two environmental groups have begun challenging the Planning Board’s partial endorsement for Millington Quarry’s rehabilitation plan near Basking Ridge, New Jersey, according to a report from The Bernardsville News.
Citizens for a Clean and Safe Millington Quarry (CCSMQ) and the Bernards Townships’ Environmental Commission urged the Township Committee to reject the recommendation.
However, Planning Board member Kevin Orr and former board member Ann Parsekian said denying the proposal could delay health risk assessments and could be cause for a lawsuit from Millington Quarry, Inc., which owns the property.
The board’s partial endorsement included a plan that would prohibit Millington Quarry from importing soil.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher525 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks360 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution172 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views