Environmental groups challenge Millington Quarry rehabilitation
Two environmental groups have begun challenging the Planning Board’s partial endorsement for Millington Quarry’s rehabilitation plan near Basking Ridge, New Jersey, according to a report from The Bernardsville News.
Citizens for a Clean and Safe Millington Quarry (CCSMQ) and the Bernards Townships’ Environmental Commission urged the Township Committee to reject the recommendation.
However, Planning Board member Kevin Orr and former board member Ann Parsekian said denying the proposal could delay health risk assessments and could be cause for a lawsuit from Millington Quarry, Inc., which owns the property.
The board’s partial endorsement included a plan that would prohibit Millington Quarry from importing soil.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 872 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life473 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers231 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views