Environmental groups challenge Millington Quarry rehabilitation
Two environmental groups have begun challenging the Planning Board’s partial endorsement for Millington Quarry’s rehabilitation plan near Basking Ridge, New Jersey, according to a report from The Bernardsville News.
Citizens for a Clean and Safe Millington Quarry (CCSMQ) and the Bernards Townships’ Environmental Commission urged the Township Committee to reject the recommendation.
However, Planning Board member Kevin Orr and former board member Ann Parsekian said denying the proposal could delay health risk assessments and could be cause for a lawsuit from Millington Quarry, Inc., which owns the property.
The board’s partial endorsement included a plan that would prohibit Millington Quarry from importing soil.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person747 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger385 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)343 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger235 Views