EPA stormwater Webcast for aggregate operations
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is offering a free, on-line, Industrial Stormwater Webcast on Tuesday, Sept. 29 from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. (EDT) for owners and operators of ready mixed concrete, crushed stone and sand and gravel operations. The Webcast is in direct response to the national enforcement initiative that the EPA began two years ago against ready mix concrete and aggregate operations and will help owners and operators improve understanding of and compliance with federal industrial stormwater requirements. The EPA has 14 months left in the current initiative. Working with the National Ready-Mixed Concrete Association and the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association, the EPA developed this on-line compliance assistance tool to help explain the following:
• Overview of Federal Industrial Stormwater requirements;
• Review of the Federal Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) applicability and requirements;
• Common environmental compliance issues with the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP);
• Examples of best management practices;
• Addressing the myths associated with stormwater compliance; and
• Addressing questions on your MSGP and SWPPP.
Speakers will include: Peter Bahor, environmental protection specialist, U.S. EPA HQ, Washington D.C.; Murray Lantner, environmental engineer, U.S. EPA Region 2, New York, New York; Juan Ibarra, environmental scientist, U.S. EPA Region 6, Dallas, Texas; and Julie Congdon, stormwater compliance assistance coordinator, U.S. EPA Region 10, Seattle, Washington.
To register for this webinar click here.
The EPA has also created a ready-mix and aggregates-industry-specific compliance assistance Web page with additional information to help the industry understand its permitting responsibilities. Click here to go to the site.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show266 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers240 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs193 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader190 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000167 Views