EPA stormwater Webcast for aggregate operations
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is offering a free, on-line, Industrial Stormwater Webcast on Tuesday, Sept. 29 from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. (EDT) for owners and operators of ready mixed concrete, crushed stone and sand and gravel operations. The Webcast is in direct response to the national enforcement initiative that the EPA began two years ago against ready mix concrete and aggregate operations and will help owners and operators improve understanding of and compliance with federal industrial stormwater requirements. The EPA has 14 months left in the current initiative. Working with the National Ready-Mixed Concrete Association and the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association, the EPA developed this on-line compliance assistance tool to help explain the following:
• Overview of Federal Industrial Stormwater requirements;
• Review of the Federal Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) applicability and requirements;
• Common environmental compliance issues with the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP);
• Examples of best management practices;
• Addressing the myths associated with stormwater compliance; and
• Addressing questions on your MSGP and SWPPP.
Speakers will include: Peter Bahor, environmental protection specialist, U.S. EPA HQ, Washington D.C.; Murray Lantner, environmental engineer, U.S. EPA Region 2, New York, New York; Juan Ibarra, environmental scientist, U.S. EPA Region 6, Dallas, Texas; and Julie Congdon, stormwater compliance assistance coordinator, U.S. EPA Region 10, Seattle, Washington.
To register for this webinar click here.
The EPA has also created a ready-mix and aggregates-industry-specific compliance assistance Web page with additional information to help the industry understand its permitting responsibilities. Click here to go to the site.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger145 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views