EPA stormwater Webcast for aggregate operations
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is offering a free, on-line, Industrial Stormwater Webcast on Tuesday, Sept. 29 from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. (EDT) for owners and operators of ready mixed concrete, crushed stone and sand and gravel operations. The Webcast is in direct response to the national enforcement initiative that the EPA began two years ago against ready mix concrete and aggregate operations and will help owners and operators improve understanding of and compliance with federal industrial stormwater requirements. The EPA has 14 months left in the current initiative. Working with the National Ready-Mixed Concrete Association and the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association, the EPA developed this on-line compliance assistance tool to help explain the following:
• Overview of Federal Industrial Stormwater requirements;
• Review of the Federal Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) applicability and requirements;
• Common environmental compliance issues with the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP);
• Examples of best management practices;
• Addressing the myths associated with stormwater compliance; and
• Addressing questions on your MSGP and SWPPP.
Speakers will include: Peter Bahor, environmental protection specialist, U.S. EPA HQ, Washington D.C.; Murray Lantner, environmental engineer, U.S. EPA Region 2, New York, New York; Juan Ibarra, environmental scientist, U.S. EPA Region 6, Dallas, Texas; and Julie Congdon, stormwater compliance assistance coordinator, U.S. EPA Region 10, Seattle, Washington.
To register for this webinar click here.
The EPA has also created a ready-mix and aggregates-industry-specific compliance assistance Web page with additional information to help the industry understand its permitting responsibilities. Click here to go to the site.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility915 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections453 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company377 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?312 Views