Equipment financing confidence index dips slightly
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation’s Monthly Confidence Index for the equipment finance industry for May is 59.2, down slightly from the April index of 62.1, reflecting uncertainty about the pace of U.S. economic growth and concerns about global political and economic factors.
The index reports a qualitative assessment of both the prevailing business conditions and expectations for the future as reported by key executives from the $628 billion equipment finance sector.
“Demand for loans and leases in the industries we serve remains closely tied to external economic factors and conditions, many of which remain volatile and uncertain for the remainder of 2012,” said Russ Nelson, Farm Credit Leasing president. “Year-to-date activity for equipment has remained strong, and we are cautiously optimistic concerning the next eight months.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car198 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole147 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges129 Views
- Wisconsin sand hauling company to lay off workers due to decreased frac sand demand125 Views