Equipment operators showcase skills, precision at Case Triple Threat Rodeo
At the Case Triple Threat Rodeo held on Sept. 16 at McCann Industries in Bolingbrook, Ill., (attended by editors from Aggregates Manager, Better Roads, and Equipment World), construction equipment operators tested their skills on the equipment by playing games, maneuvering the machinery through obstacles courses, and playing “games” such as picking up a basketball between PVC piping without knocking it over.
The 2011 Case Triple Threat Rodeo Series pits operators against each other in a competition that involves skill, precision, and timing. The “Case cowboys,” as they are sometimes referred to, navigated the N Series Loader/Backhoe, Skid Steer Loader, and New F Series Wheel Loader in a series of down and dirty obstacle courses.
The final showdown will be at the North American Case Triple Threat Rodeo Championship in Las Vegas, where five finalists will compete for a New Ram 2500 Crew Cab during the World of Concrete trade show.
–by Tina Grady Barbaccia
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve522 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry250 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature220 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky209 Views
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting190 Views