Eriez video on measuring displacement on electromagnetic and electromechanical feeders and conveyors
A new video from Eriez walks viewers through the proper procedures for measuring displacement on electromagnetic and electromechanical feeders and conveyors. The two-and-a-half minute video can be viewed from the company’s website at www.eriez.com/Content/Videos/ or the company’s YouTube channel at YouTube.com/Eriez.
In the video, Rob Yandrick, Product Manager – Vibratory/Screening, explains that while a vibratory feeder with a factory installed tray is properly tuned at the factory before shipment, sometimes it may be necessary for displacement to be read at a user’s site. He cautions that too much or too little displacement can signal problems.
The video describes the two types of displacement stickers: v-gauge and circle-gauge. By utilizing a high-speed camera, the video shows close-up views of both the v-gauge and circle-gauge stickers while the feeders are in operation and moving at a high rate of speed. Yandrick provides a thorough explanation of the process for accurately reading displacement shown on the stickers.
According to the video, written instructions on reading displacement are included with the Installation, Operation, and Maintenance manuals supplied with all Eriez vibratory equipment. For more information, visit www.eriez.com/Products/VibratoryFeedersAndConveyors/.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities515 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company414 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry407 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register374 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule338 Views