ESCO Blades and End Bits
Because dozing operations at most mine and construction sites are among the toughest jobs, ESCO developed All-Cast ground engaging tools (GET) for dozers. Available for most popular CAT® and Komatsu models above 280 HP, All-Cast ground engaging tools (GET) are specifically designed to match each model™s requirements and ensure optimum performance.
The All-Cast Blades and End Bits Difference
Unlike rolled steel versions where bolt holes and bevels are machined in, ESCO casts its blades and end bits to shape when the metal is poured. The casting process allows ESCO engineers to use through-hardening steel alloys and put the steel where it is needed.
The ESCO Advantage
- The metal is cast where it is needed, reducing throwaway and lowering operating costs.
- ESCO alloy 12S, a 514 BHN steel provides greater hardness, with unmatched resistance to impact and abrasion.
- Longer wear life reduces maintenance and increases production.
- Reduced chance of breakage keeps machines operating.
In addition to standard All-Cast blades and end bits, ESCO offers the D11 Package and Carry Dozer Packages, with even more benefits.
- Blades have 16% more wear metal than previous offerings, which balances wear between blades and end bits.
- End bits have 56% more wear metal than previous offerings.
- Wear metal is located in areas where it achieves optimum strength and performance for carry dozer applications.
- D11 provides increased safety and ease of installation, with lifting eyes on all components.
- Machined bearing pads ensure an even load distribution.
Bucyrus Blades Dozer Blades and End Bits
Bucyrus Blades dozer products are available in the following alloys:
- ForgeTemp® Steel Plate – High carbon roll-forged steel, designed for highly abrasive, moderate impact conditions.
- MaxTemp®Steel Plate – Heat treatedthrough-hardened steel gives maximum protection against impact breakage in the toughest digging conditions without sacrificing wear life.
- Carbide Plus Embedded Plate – May greatly extend wear life over conventional edges in moderate impact conditions. This product is produced by embedding carbide particles into a heat-treated base metal, bonding the metals together forming a unified steel with greatly enhanced wear properties. All Bucyrus Blades Carbide Plus products are fully warranted to provide cost-effective service in factory recommended applications.
- Hot cupped, drop corner end bits are thicker throughout and self-sharpening for maximum penetration.
- Straight type end bits are superior for level cuts.
- Up to 75% increased strength
- Up to 136% more working steel below the moldboard
- Strengthens the moldboard assembly
- Fewer changes for increased production
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151086 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1046 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production749 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015672 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success587 Views