Excavator control system transmits position data in real time
Altus Positioning Systems’s DigPilot 3D excavator control system uses an onboard Altus APS-3 compact, lightweight, portable 136-channel RTK receiver based on the Septentrio AsteRx2e GNSS engine that attaches to the excavator arm.
The APS-3 transmits position data in real time via a proprietary wireless format to a display monitor in the machine’s cab, permitting the operator to position the shovel to cut and fill the earth to meet a computerized model of the design specifications for the project. The unit is completely configurable from the data collector via Bluetooth to operate with the internal UHF radio or for network rover operation with the internal quad-band GSM/GPRS modem. Its removable 2GB SD memory card enables plug-and-play of raw data transfer for post processing.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher524 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks360 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing153 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views