Excavator control system transmits position data in real time
Altus Positioning Systems’s DigPilot 3D excavator control system uses an onboard Altus APS-3 compact, lightweight, portable 136-channel RTK receiver based on the Septentrio AsteRx2e GNSS engine that attaches to the excavator arm.
The APS-3 transmits position data in real time via a proprietary wireless format to a display monitor in the machine’s cab, permitting the operator to position the shovel to cut and fill the earth to meet a computerized model of the design specifications for the project. The unit is completely configurable from the data collector via Bluetooth to operate with the internal UHF radio or for network rover operation with the internal quad-band GSM/GPRS modem. Its removable 2GB SD memory card enables plug-and-play of raw data transfer for post processing.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar mining VP retires amid leadership shakeup1088 Views
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation375 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement329 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training316 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta278 Views