Excavator control system transmits position data in real time
Altus Positioning Systems’s DigPilot 3D excavator control system uses an onboard Altus APS-3 compact, lightweight, portable 136-channel RTK receiver based on the Septentrio AsteRx2e GNSS engine that attaches to the excavator arm.
The APS-3 transmits position data in real time via a proprietary wireless format to a display monitor in the machine’s cab, permitting the operator to position the shovel to cut and fill the earth to meet a computerized model of the design specifications for the project. The unit is completely configurable from the data collector via Bluetooth to operate with the internal UHF radio or for network rover operation with the internal quad-band GSM/GPRS modem. Its removable 2GB SD memory card enables plug-and-play of raw data transfer for post processing.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA releases report on electrical fatality at crushed stone operation602 Views
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill427 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers359 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg294 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award182 Views