Excavator control system transmits position data in real time
Altus Positioning Systems’s DigPilot 3D excavator control system uses an onboard Altus APS-3 compact, lightweight, portable 136-channel RTK receiver based on the Septentrio AsteRx2e GNSS engine that attaches to the excavator arm.
The APS-3 transmits position data in real time via a proprietary wireless format to a display monitor in the machine’s cab, permitting the operator to position the shovel to cut and fill the earth to meet a computerized model of the design specifications for the project. The unit is completely configurable from the data collector via Bluetooth to operate with the internal UHF radio or for network rover operation with the internal quad-band GSM/GPRS modem. Its removable 2GB SD memory card enables plug-and-play of raw data transfer for post processing.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry581 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction478 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers413 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company380 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way352 Views