Excavator control system transmits position data in real time
Altus Positioning Systems’s DigPilot 3D excavator control system uses an onboard Altus APS-3 compact, lightweight, portable 136-channel RTK receiver based on the Septentrio AsteRx2e GNSS engine that attaches to the excavator arm.
The APS-3 transmits position data in real time via a proprietary wireless format to a display monitor in the machine’s cab, permitting the operator to position the shovel to cut and fill the earth to meet a computerized model of the design specifications for the project. The unit is completely configurable from the data collector via Bluetooth to operate with the internal UHF radio or for network rover operation with the internal quad-band GSM/GPRS modem. Its removable 2GB SD memory card enables plug-and-play of raw data transfer for post processing.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone638 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle415 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company344 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines148 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew139 Views