Feds: More stimulus, please, if economy stays weak
There is no question that the transportation construction industry has benefited from the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA), a.ka. “the stimulus,” but whether the stimulus was a good idea in the first place has been hotly debated.
However, Federal Reserve officials have said that we may need to pump ever more cash into the economy.
In a Reuters report, two Fed policymakers said that more action would likely be needed unless the current economic outlook improves.
William Dudley, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, described current conditions of high unemployment and low inflation as “unacceptable” while Chicago Federal Reserve Bank President Charles Evans said more easing was “desirable,” according to the Reuters report.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident347 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!214 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion206 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution187 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing186 Views