Feds: More stimulus, please, if economy stays weak
There is no question that the transportation construction industry has benefited from the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA), a.ka. “the stimulus,” but whether the stimulus was a good idea in the first place has been hotly debated.
However, Federal Reserve officials have said that we may need to pump ever more cash into the economy.
In a Reuters report, two Fed policymakers said that more action would likely be needed unless the current economic outlook improves.
William Dudley, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, described current conditions of high unemployment and low inflation as “unacceptable” while Chicago Federal Reserve Bank President Charles Evans said more easing was “desirable,” according to the Reuters report.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry631 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter411 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way396 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company390 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections229 Views