Fiat Industrial suggests merger with CNH
CNH Global‘s Board of Directors received a proposal from Fiat Industrial regarding a combination transaction between the two companies that would form a combined holding company.
The proposed merger was suggested in a letter sent on May 30 by Sergio Marchionne, chairman of Fiat Industrial S.p.A., to the Board of Directors of CNH.
The Board of Directors of CNH expects to evaluate the proposal through a committee of independent directors which would retain independent financial and legal advisers to assist it, according to a CNH press release.
The CNH Board of Directors of CNH advises the company’s shareholders and others considering trading in its securities that it has not yet evaluated the proposal and that there is “no assurance that the proposal will lead to any definitive offer, that any agreement will be reached or that any transaction will be consummated.”
At this stage, no action by the company’s shareholders is required. CNH notes notes in the press release that further announcements will be made by the company “when and as appropriate.”
MORE FROM Manufacturer and People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Four major California areas expected to deplete aggregate supply in next 10 years746 Views
- Product of the Week: Cat 988K loader512 Views
- California firefighters respond to quarry blaze133 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: June 17, 2013131 Views
- Rock quarry owner proposes expansion in Sitka, Alaska117 Views