Finished steel import permits up 15% in June
Based on the Commerce Department’s most recent Steel Import Monitoring and Analysis (SIMA) data, the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on July 6 that steel import permit applications Steel Import Monitoring and Analysis (SIMA) data for the month of June totaled 2,734,000 net tons (NT). This was a 3% decrease from the 2,807,000 permit tons recorded in May and a 2% increase from the May preliminary imports total of 2,692,000 NT.
Import permit tonnage for finished steel in June was 2,109,000 NT, up 15% from the preliminary imports total of 1,838,000 NT in May.
Year-to date (YTD) 2011 total and finished steel import permit tons would annualize at 28,803,000 NT and 21,767,000 NT, up 20% and 15%, respectively, vs. the 23,929,000 NT and 18,857,000 NT imported in 2010.
The estimated finished steel import market share in June was 23%, and the year-to-date share increased to 22%.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher525 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks360 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution172 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views