Firefighters rushed to quarry in N.C.
Firefighters rushed to a quarry in North Carolina after heavy black smoke was seen in the area. A large hydraulic drilling machine overheated and caught on fire.
Flames quickly got out of control.
The machine was 200 feet down at the bottom of the quarry making it hard for crews to battle the blaze. The Rocky Mount Fire Department had to dispatch Ending Co. 5 to the scene because more water was needed.
“Something mechanical went wrong with it that caused it to ignite,” said Rocky Mount Battalion Chief Jamie Vaughan. “We responded as a mutual aid department – we just assisted.”
Luckily no injuries were reported.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers268 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning157 Views