Firefighters rushed to quarry in N.C.
Firefighters rushed to a quarry in North Carolina after heavy black smoke was seen in the area. A large hydraulic drilling machine overheated and caught on fire.
Flames quickly got out of control.
The machine was 200 feet down at the bottom of the quarry making it hard for crews to battle the blaze. The Rocky Mount Fire Department had to dispatch Ending Co. 5 to the scene because more water was needed.
“Something mechanical went wrong with it that caused it to ignite,” said Rocky Mount Battalion Chief Jamie Vaughan. “We responded as a mutual aid department – we just assisted.”
Luckily no injuries were reported.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1306 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1044 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?697 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant537 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth495 Views