Firefighters rushed to quarry in N.C.
Firefighters rushed to a quarry in North Carolina after heavy black smoke was seen in the area. A large hydraulic drilling machine overheated and caught on fire.
Flames quickly got out of control.
The machine was 200 feet down at the bottom of the quarry making it hard for crews to battle the blaze. The Rocky Mount Fire Department had to dispatch Ending Co. 5 to the scene because more water was needed.
“Something mechanical went wrong with it that caused it to ignite,” said Rocky Mount Battalion Chief Jamie Vaughan. “We responded as a mutual aid department – we just assisted.”
Luckily no injuries were reported.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone622 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle427 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew182 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers131 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines111 Views