Firefighters rushed to quarry in N.C.
Firefighters rushed to a quarry in North Carolina after heavy black smoke was seen in the area. A large hydraulic drilling machine overheated and caught on fire.
Flames quickly got out of control.
The machine was 200 feet down at the bottom of the quarry making it hard for crews to battle the blaze. The Rocky Mount Fire Department had to dispatch Ending Co. 5 to the scene because more water was needed.
“Something mechanical went wrong with it that caused it to ignite,” said Rocky Mount Battalion Chief Jamie Vaughan. “We responded as a mutual aid department – we just assisted.”
Luckily no injuries were reported.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher524 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks360 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing153 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views