Five Holcim plants receive EPA Energy Star for energy efficiency
The EPA awards the Energy Star to businesses and individuals who demonstrate superior energy efficiency.
The five Holcim plants that received an Energy Star are:
Holly Hill plant (Holly Hill, South Carolina)
Ste. Genevieve plant (Bloomsdale, Missouri)
Theodore plant (Theodore, Alabama)
Devil’s Slide plant (Morgan, Utah)
Portland plant (Florence, Colorado)
“Holcim’s receipt of this award for five of its plants is a testament to the commitment that our management team and employees have made to protect the environment,” said Filiberto Ruiz, president and CEO of Holcim (US). “Sustainability is a core component of Holcim’s corporate values and it is a priority at every plant and facility.”
This year, the EPA recognizes these Holcim plants’ continuous efforts toward energy efficiency. Each of the plants has previously received an Energy Star.
The Holly Hill plant, the Ste. Genevieve plant and the Theodore plant are each receiving the award for the fourth time; the Devil’s Slide plant is receiving the awards for the sixth consecutive year; and the Portland plant is receiving the award for the third consecutive year.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1650 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world272 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention194 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village146 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban132 Views