Five Holcim plants receive EPA Energy Star for energy efficiency
The EPA awards the Energy Star to businesses and individuals who demonstrate superior energy efficiency.
The five Holcim plants that received an Energy Star are:
Holly Hill plant (Holly Hill, South Carolina)
Ste. Genevieve plant (Bloomsdale, Missouri)
Theodore plant (Theodore, Alabama)
Devil’s Slide plant (Morgan, Utah)
Portland plant (Florence, Colorado)
“Holcim’s receipt of this award for five of its plants is a testament to the commitment that our management team and employees have made to protect the environment,” said Filiberto Ruiz, president and CEO of Holcim (US). “Sustainability is a core component of Holcim’s corporate values and it is a priority at every plant and facility.”
This year, the EPA recognizes these Holcim plants’ continuous efforts toward energy efficiency. Each of the plants has previously received an Energy Star.
The Holly Hill plant, the Ste. Genevieve plant and the Theodore plant are each receiving the award for the fourth time; the Devil’s Slide plant is receiving the awards for the sixth consecutive year; and the Portland plant is receiving the award for the third consecutive year.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views