Fletcher donates to mining engineering scholarship
J.H. Fletcher & Co. has given back-to-back $100,000 donations to the SME Foundation.
The funds create the endowment for the J.H. Fletcher & Co. Mining Engineering Scholarship, which is dedicated to rising junior and senior mining engineering students with a demonstrated interest in underground mining.
Two students have received scholarships of $2,500 each from the mining engineering scholarship: Hannah McNally, who attends the University of Missouri at Rolla, and Andrew Nielson, who attends the University of Utah.
In addition to providing funds for the mining engineering scholarship, Fletcher has contributed approximately $470,000 in total funds to the J.H. Fletcher & Co. Scholarship for Engineering at Marshall University. The company has also made a note of its intentions to continue funding the scholarship.
For more information about J.H. Fletcher & Co., visit jhfletcher.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1120 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1029 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee297 Views
- Dolese Bros. open quarry after more than $20 million in upgrades215 Views
- U.S. Aggregates set to reopen quarry in Indiana190 Views