Fletcher donates to mining engineering scholarship
J.H. Fletcher & Co. has given back-to-back $100,000 donations to the SME Foundation.
The funds create the endowment for the J.H. Fletcher & Co. Mining Engineering Scholarship, which is dedicated to rising junior and senior mining engineering students with a demonstrated interest in underground mining.
Two students have received scholarships of $2,500 each from the mining engineering scholarship: Hannah McNally, who attends the University of Missouri at Rolla, and Andrew Nielson, who attends the University of Utah.
In addition to providing funds for the mining engineering scholarship, Fletcher has contributed approximately $470,000 in total funds to the J.H. Fletcher & Co. Scholarship for Engineering at Marshall University. The company has also made a note of its intentions to continue funding the scholarship.
For more information about J.H. Fletcher & Co., visit jhfletcher.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger452 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources441 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities397 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register368 Views
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs366 Views