Fletcher donates to mining engineering scholarship
J.H. Fletcher & Co. has given back-to-back $100,000 donations to the SME Foundation.
The funds create the endowment for the J.H. Fletcher & Co. Mining Engineering Scholarship, which is dedicated to rising junior and senior mining engineering students with a demonstrated interest in underground mining.
Two students have received scholarships of $2,500 each from the mining engineering scholarship: Hannah McNally, who attends the University of Missouri at Rolla, and Andrew Nielson, who attends the University of Utah.
In addition to providing funds for the mining engineering scholarship, Fletcher has contributed approximately $470,000 in total funds to the J.H. Fletcher & Co. Scholarship for Engineering at Marshall University. The company has also made a note of its intentions to continue funding the scholarship.
For more information about J.H. Fletcher & Co., visit jhfletcher.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1045 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger388 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts380 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry317 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration300 Views