Florida concrete producer announces potential layoff
Jacksonville-based Gate Concrete Products Co., a producer of prestressed concrete products for use in bridges and building structures, today announced a potential layoff of between 20-115 workers in May, according to an Aggregate Research (ARI) report.
Gate Construction Materials Group President and COO Dean Gwin said employees have been notified of the potential layoff and its range. A state Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Web site reported a potential layoff of 115 from May 15-29, according to the ARI report.
“Due to the declining commercial construction market, Gate may be forced to reduce its work force,” Gwin said in a statement, according to the report. “Gate continues to actively market and bid projects and expects to avoid drastic work force reductions.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry721 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets499 Views
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant261 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either229 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike228 Views