Florida Congressional hearing on major transportation bill today
House Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) conducted a Congressional field hearing today in Central Florida on pending major transportation legislation. This will be the only scheduled field hearing in Florida on the transportation bill.
The Committee is conducting an extensive series of meetings across the country with state and local officials and transportation stakeholders in order to gather information and innovative ideas for drafting a long-term reauthorization of the nation’s highway, transit, and highway safety programs.
Specifically, the Committee sought input on how to consolidate and improve the performance of programs, cut government red tape and streamline the delivery of projects, and increase private sector investment in our infrastructure. This pending legislation will help improve the nation’s infrastructure and promote job creation in Central Florida and the United States, particularly in the hard-hit construction industry, according to Mica’s office.
The Committee hearing is also expected to focus on transportation project failures and how to address the issue.
“The best ideas to improve and streamline government programs often come from outside of Washington, and hearings in Florida and across the nation will provide the Committee with valuable insight and ideas as the Committee drafts the next major transportation bill,” Mica said.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views