Florida Congressional hearing on major transportation bill today
House Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) conducted a Congressional field hearing today in Central Florida on pending major transportation legislation. This will be the only scheduled field hearing in Florida on the transportation bill.
The Committee is conducting an extensive series of meetings across the country with state and local officials and transportation stakeholders in order to gather information and innovative ideas for drafting a long-term reauthorization of the nation’s highway, transit, and highway safety programs.
Specifically, the Committee sought input on how to consolidate and improve the performance of programs, cut government red tape and streamline the delivery of projects, and increase private sector investment in our infrastructure. This pending legislation will help improve the nation’s infrastructure and promote job creation in Central Florida and the United States, particularly in the hard-hit construction industry, according to Mica’s office.
The Committee hearing is also expected to focus on transportation project failures and how to address the issue.
“The best ideas to improve and streamline government programs often come from outside of Washington, and hearings in Florida and across the nation will provide the Committee with valuable insight and ideas as the Committee drafts the next major transportation bill,” Mica said.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1159 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1035 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program584 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas348 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views