Ford donates $50,000 to Feeding America to aid in disaster relief
Feeding America announced that Ford Motor Company Fund, the philanthropic arm of Ford Motor Co., has donated $50,000 to support its disaster relief efforts in the southern states hit by recent tornadoes and floods. Feeding America aids disaster relief and recovery by distributing food and grocery products through a network of over 200 food banks that serve more than 61,000 local charitable agencies. Feeding America’s current efforts are focused on assisting individuals and families affected by the tornadoes in Alabama and the Southeast, as well as those impacted by the flooding of the Mississippi River.
“Ford Motor Co. has a long-standing history of corporate responsibility and has been a strong partner of Feeding America for more than a decade,” said Vicki Escarra, President and CEO of Feeding America. “Through the generosity of Ford and our other corporate partners, we are able to sustain a comprehensive disaster relief program and provide much-needed relief to families.”
“There is no more immediate issue for families and communities than having adequate food and water,” said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund. “Our partnership with Feeding America gives us the opportunity to make a difference where the need is greatest.”
Feeding America’s network prepares for disasters by pre-staging water, food, and grocery products throughout the nation. When a disaster occurs, Feeding America distributes these products immediately and sends trained disaster relief workers to the impacted area to work in cooperation with local organizations and federal, state, and local emergency management agencies.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry345 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers269 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes214 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors199 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views