Fort Payne Quarry wins 2009 Alabama Small Manufacturer of the Year Award
Vulcan’s Fort Payne Quarry won the 2009 Alabama Small Manufacturer of the Year Award in June. The award is presented annually to manufacturing companies of different sizes that meet the required criteria. The quarry was nominated for the award by Fort Payne Chamber of Commerce member Carol Beddingfield. The award was presented by Alabama Governor Bob Riley. The September issue of Aggregates Manager will feature a plant profile about Fort Payne Quarry.
In the photograph, (left to right), Bill Canary, Executive Director, Alabama Business Council; Governor Bob Riley; Mike Kirkland, Vulcan Materials Co., North Alabama Sales Manager; Mike Bailey, President, Alabama Technology Network.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure542 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]494 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine239 Views