Fort Payne Quarry wins 2009 Alabama Small Manufacturer of the Year Award
Vulcan’s Fort Payne Quarry won the 2009 Alabama Small Manufacturer of the Year Award in June. The award is presented annually to manufacturing companies of different sizes that meet the required criteria. The quarry was nominated for the award by Fort Payne Chamber of Commerce member Carol Beddingfield. The award was presented by Alabama Governor Bob Riley. The September issue of Aggregates Manager will feature a plant profile about Fort Payne Quarry.
In the photograph, (left to right), Bill Canary, Executive Director, Alabama Business Council; Governor Bob Riley; Mike Kirkland, Vulcan Materials Co., North Alabama Sales Manager; Mike Bailey, President, Alabama Technology Network.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1649 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world258 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention190 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village145 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban132 Views