Fort Payne Quarry wins 2009 Alabama Small Manufacturer of the Year Award
Vulcan’s Fort Payne Quarry won the 2009 Alabama Small Manufacturer of the Year Award in June. The award is presented annually to manufacturing companies of different sizes that meet the required criteria. The quarry was nominated for the award by Fort Payne Chamber of Commerce member Carol Beddingfield. The award was presented by Alabama Governor Bob Riley. The September issue of Aggregates Manager will feature a plant profile about Fort Payne Quarry.
In the photograph, (left to right), Bill Canary, Executive Director, Alabama Business Council; Governor Bob Riley; Mike Kirkland, Vulcan Materials Co., North Alabama Sales Manager; Mike Bailey, President, Alabama Technology Network.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry318 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views