Fort Payne Quarry wins 2009 Alabama Small Manufacturer of the Year Award
Vulcan’s Fort Payne Quarry won the 2009 Alabama Small Manufacturer of the Year Award in June. The award is presented annually to manufacturing companies of different sizes that meet the required criteria. The quarry was nominated for the award by Fort Payne Chamber of Commerce member Carol Beddingfield. The award was presented by Alabama Governor Bob Riley. The September issue of Aggregates Manager will feature a plant profile about Fort Payne Quarry.
In the photograph, (left to right), Bill Canary, Executive Director, Alabama Business Council; Governor Bob Riley; Mike Kirkland, Vulcan Materials Co., North Alabama Sales Manager; Mike Bailey, President, Alabama Technology Network.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility1040 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections488 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company378 Views
- Aggregate Industries worker discovers dead body in quarry318 Views
- EPA's WOTUS rule has been put on hold across America253 Views