Fort Payne Quarry wins 2009 Alabama Small Manufacturer of the Year Award
Vulcan’s Fort Payne Quarry won the 2009 Alabama Small Manufacturer of the Year Award in June. The award is presented annually to manufacturing companies of different sizes that meet the required criteria. The quarry was nominated for the award by Fort Payne Chamber of Commerce member Carol Beddingfield. The award was presented by Alabama Governor Bob Riley. The September issue of Aggregates Manager will feature a plant profile about Fort Payne Quarry.
In the photograph, (left to right), Bill Canary, Executive Director, Alabama Business Council; Governor Bob Riley; Mike Kirkland, Vulcan Materials Co., North Alabama Sales Manager; Mike Bailey, President, Alabama Technology Network.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger452 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources438 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities391 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register363 Views
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs361 Views