Foxx sworn in as DOT Secretary
Anthony Foxx was sworn as the new U.S. Secretary of Transportation today at 11 a.m. by Judge Nathaniel Jones during a private ceremony at the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) headquarters in Washington, D.C., according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
Jones used Foxx’s great-grandparents’ Bible to administer the oath of office.
“Safety will remain our top priority at DOT,” Foxx said in a written statement to USDOT employees. “At the same time, I will work to improve the efficiency and performance of our current transportation system while building the infrastructure we need for future generations.”
Foxx will is scheduled to spend his first full day meeting employees and holding meetings on major transportation issues.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry743 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets520 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either273 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year221 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views