Foxx sworn in as DOT Secretary
Anthony Foxx was sworn as the new U.S. Secretary of Transportation today at 11 a.m. by Judge Nathaniel Jones during a private ceremony at the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) headquarters in Washington, D.C., according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
Jones used Foxx’s great-grandparents’ Bible to administer the oath of office.
“Safety will remain our top priority at DOT,” Foxx said in a written statement to USDOT employees. “At the same time, I will work to improve the efficiency and performance of our current transportation system while building the infrastructure we need for future generations.”
Foxx will is scheduled to spend his first full day meeting employees and holding meetings on major transportation issues.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life502 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers294 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 280 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts163 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views