Foxx sworn in as DOT Secretary
Anthony Foxx was sworn as the new U.S. Secretary of Transportation today at 11 a.m. by Judge Nathaniel Jones during a private ceremony at the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) headquarters in Washington, D.C., according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
Jones used Foxx’s great-grandparents’ Bible to administer the oath of office.
“Safety will remain our top priority at DOT,” Foxx said in a written statement to USDOT employees. “At the same time, I will work to improve the efficiency and performance of our current transportation system while building the infrastructure we need for future generations.”
Foxx will is scheduled to spend his first full day meeting employees and holding meetings on major transportation issues.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3101 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2227 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...463 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker299 Views