Foxx sworn in as DOT Secretary
Anthony Foxx was sworn as the new U.S. Secretary of Transportation today at 11 a.m. by Judge Nathaniel Jones during a private ceremony at the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) headquarters in Washington, D.C., according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
Jones used Foxx’s great-grandparents’ Bible to administer the oath of office.
“Safety will remain our top priority at DOT,” Foxx said in a written statement to USDOT employees. “At the same time, I will work to improve the efficiency and performance of our current transportation system while building the infrastructure we need for future generations.”
Foxx will is scheduled to spend his first full day meeting employees and holding meetings on major transportation issues.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill894 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]649 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability628 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure564 Views
- Sand thieves targeting the world's beaches371 Views