Foxx sworn in as DOT Secretary
Anthony Foxx was sworn as the new U.S. Secretary of Transportation today at 11 a.m. by Judge Nathaniel Jones during a private ceremony at the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) headquarters in Washington, D.C., according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
Jones used Foxx’s great-grandparents’ Bible to administer the oath of office.
“Safety will remain our top priority at DOT,” Foxx said in a written statement to USDOT employees. “At the same time, I will work to improve the efficiency and performance of our current transportation system while building the infrastructure we need for future generations.”
Foxx will is scheduled to spend his first full day meeting employees and holding meetings on major transportation issues.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs678 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina363 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity348 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries227 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views