Frac-Sand Trailer Products Now Available from Sure Seal: Hopper tees, manholes, aerators and valves available now for frac sand trailers
KANSAS CITY, MO – September 13, 2011 – Sure Seal, Inc., a division of OPW Fluid Transfer Group, is pleased to now offer the industry a full line of dry bulk trailer components that have been designed to deliver optimized performance on frac sand trailers. Sure Seal’s frac trailer package includes field-proven products such as its LM Series Manhole Cover, Swing Check Valves, Series 2000 Pressure Relief Valves, Butterfly Valves, Aeration Systems, Hopper Tees and Quick Release Couplers.
Frac sand is a key ingredient in the hydraulic fracturing (or “fracking”) process that is one of the key stages in producing shale oil and gas. In the fracking process, frac sand is part of a slurry mixture that is pressurized and pumped down a wellbore. The frac sand makes it possible for the fissures within the fractured shale deposit to remain open so that the gas and oil that are contained in them can freely flow to the surface, where it is collected. Typically, three different types of frac sand—which are categorized by their particle size—can be used in the fracking process. The frac sand is first carried from the sandpit via railcar to a transloading station where it is transferred to tractor trailers. These tractor trailers, which can carry as much as 100 tons of frac sand per load, then deliver the frac sand to the shale-oil production site, where it is moved via hose to a “sand chief” that will eventually deliver the sand to the wellbore during the fracking process.
The performance of the following Sure Seal products helps ensure that the transfer of the frac sand from truck to sand chief is completed as efficiently as possible:
- Hopper Tees — designed with a low profile configuration to provide greater ground clearance for tough applications, while also allowing for optimum unloading times and easy maintenance.
- LM Series Manholes — designed to handle working pressures up to 30 psi.
- Aeration Systems — allow more air to get through the hopper wall, resulting in 20% to 50% faster product-unloading times.
- Butterfly Valves — machined from 17-4 stainless steel to eliminate twisting of the stem and give direct disc control of full or partial product flow.
- Swing Check Valves — Spherical design, aluminum construction provide increased airflow for faster unloading times while improving reliability.
- Pressure Relief Valves — 2-inch valves allow for increased standard features at a lower cost.
- Quick Release Couplers — oil-impregnated bronze bushings eliminate coupler freeze-up.
For more information on Sure Seal products used on frac sand trailers, go to http://www.opwshaleoil.com/.
ABOUT SURE SEAL:
Sure Seal, Inc., is part of OPW Fluid Transfer Group. OPWFTG is owned by Dover Corporation and comprised of market-leading operating companies, each dedicated to designing, manufacturing and distributing world-class solutions that assist in the safe and efficient handling of hazardous bulk products. The Group is comprised of two business units: OPWFTG Global Transportation Business Unit and OPWFTG Global Chemical & Industrial Business Unit. The company’s market-leading brands include: OPW Engineered Systems, Midland Manufacturing, Civacon, Knappco, Sure Seal and Hiltap Fittings. The company has manufacturing plants in North America, Europe, Brazil and India and sales offices in Singapore and Shanghai. For more information, please visit http://www.opwftg.com/.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…