Freightliner Trucks launches Cascadia 113 natural gas demonstrator program, full production begins in Q3 2013
Freightliner Trucks launched a customer demonstrator program for its all new Freightliner Cascadia 113 natural gas day cab on Nov. 29 at the American Trucking Associations’ Summit on Natural Gas in Trucking. Five customer demonstrator tractors will be available in the United States and Canada to provide customers direct experience with Freightliner’s newest alternative fuel product.
Equipped with the new Cummins Westport ISX12 G heavy-duty natural gas engine, the Allison 4000HS transmission, and 115 diesel gallon equivalent compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel tanks, the Cascadia 113 natural gas tractor is ideal for regional haul and less-than-truckload applications.
The 12-liter ISX12 G natural gas engine is based on the Cummins ISX12 diesel heavy duty engine platform and will operate on either CNG or liquefied natural gas (LNG). It features ratings of 400 hp and 1,450 lb-ft torque, optional engine brake, and manual and automatic transmission capability.
Full production on the Cascadia 113 natural gas begins in Q3 2013.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151090 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success612 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting388 Views