Freightliner Trucks launches Cascadia 113 natural gas demonstrator program, full production begins in Q3 2013
Freightliner Trucks launched a customer demonstrator program for its all new Freightliner Cascadia 113 natural gas day cab on Nov. 29 at the American Trucking Associations’ Summit on Natural Gas in Trucking. Five customer demonstrator tractors will be available in the United States and Canada to provide customers direct experience with Freightliner’s newest alternative fuel product.
Equipped with the new Cummins Westport ISX12 G heavy-duty natural gas engine, the Allison 4000HS transmission, and 115 diesel gallon equivalent compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel tanks, the Cascadia 113 natural gas tractor is ideal for regional haul and less-than-truckload applications.
The 12-liter ISX12 G natural gas engine is based on the Cummins ISX12 diesel heavy duty engine platform and will operate on either CNG or liquefied natural gas (LNG). It features ratings of 400 hp and 1,450 lb-ft torque, optional engine brake, and manual and automatic transmission capability.
Full production on the Cascadia 113 natural gas begins in Q3 2013.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry743 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets549 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year291 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either282 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY124 Views