Freightliner Trucks launches Cascadia 113 natural gas demonstrator program, full production begins in Q3 2013
Freightliner Trucks launched a customer demonstrator program for its all new Freightliner Cascadia 113 natural gas day cab on Nov. 29 at the American Trucking Associations’ Summit on Natural Gas in Trucking. Five customer demonstrator tractors will be available in the United States and Canada to provide customers direct experience with Freightliner’s newest alternative fuel product.
Equipped with the new Cummins Westport ISX12 G heavy-duty natural gas engine, the Allison 4000HS transmission, and 115 diesel gallon equivalent compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel tanks, the Cascadia 113 natural gas tractor is ideal for regional haul and less-than-truckload applications.
The 12-liter ISX12 G natural gas engine is based on the Cummins ISX12 diesel heavy duty engine platform and will operate on either CNG or liquefied natural gas (LNG). It features ratings of 400 hp and 1,450 lb-ft torque, optional engine brake, and manual and automatic transmission capability.
Full production on the Cascadia 113 natural gas begins in Q3 2013.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines387 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger319 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)305 Views