Fun at Fertile quarry
Who’s excited for Fertile Days 2014!? The event, which will take place on Saturday, August 9, will feature a ton of events including a rock hunts, kids activities and informative tours at BMC Aggregates’ Fertile quarry.
“Our goal is to get people acquainted with geology,” said Sherman Lundy of BMC Aggregates. “This is the first time we will ever have a program in Fertile.”
Other activities – obviously for the enjoyment of kids – will include painting trilobite fossils and finding a pet rock
There will also be a kiddie pedal tractor pull, a “Do the Putsey” walk and run, a parade and an adult bean bag tournament.
The night will end with hay rides for everyone.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views