Fun at Fertile quarry
Who’s excited for Fertile Days 2014!? The event, which will take place on Saturday, August 9, will feature a ton of events including a rock hunts, kids activities and informative tours at BMC Aggregates’ Fertile quarry.
“Our goal is to get people acquainted with geology,” said Sherman Lundy of BMC Aggregates. “This is the first time we will ever have a program in Fertile.”
Other activities – obviously for the enjoyment of kids – will include painting trilobite fossils and finding a pet rock
There will also be a kiddie pedal tractor pull, a “Do the Putsey” walk and run, a parade and an adult bean bag tournament.
The night will end with hay rides for everyone.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest372 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement340 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training334 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company295 Views