GAO report: States received more highway money than contributed
The House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure reports that, during the course of the last multi-year surface transportation authorization, better known as SAFETEA-LU, from 2005 to 2009, every state received more funding for highway programs than what they contributed to the Highway Trust Fund (HTF), according to a Government Accountability Office (GAO) report.
The report was requested by U.S. Rep. Nick J. Rahall (D-W.V.), top Democrat on the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve513 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry248 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime241 Views
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting186 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature134 Views