Georgia DOT’s Vance Smith named to national post
Georgia Transportation Commissioner Vance C. Smith Jr. has been appointed chairman of the Standing Committee on Public Transportation of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
The Committee is responsible for development of AASHTO standards and policies for public transportation programs related to urban and rural mass transit, commuter rail, intercity bus, ridesharing, para-transit, and specialized transit facilities for the elderly and handicapped. Commissioner Smith will serve as its chairman for the next two years.
“I’m honored,” he commented. “This is an important committee dealing on a national level with many of the same issues we have in Georgia. So many of its topics are our topics – effective urban and rural transit development; shared-use commuter, intercity and freight rail operations; bus rapid transit. In addition to sharing Georgia’s experiences with my counterparts from around the nation, I hope to bring home effective strategies and lessons learned from their previous difficulties and their many successes.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February445 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again319 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)204 Views
- Trinity Materials' Indian Village Plant is diggin’ Cajun style167 Views