Get More From Your Machines
Equipment at Tower Rock Stone Co.’s quarry in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, goes the distance. On any given day, four primary crushers, fed by up to 17 different ledges, create the site’s more than 130 different products.
Despite the heavy production load, the site is renowned for the longevity of its machines. It has wheel loaders dating back to Cat’s B series loaders and has one wheel loader with 154,000 hours on it.
To keep the machines so well maintained, Tower Rock uses several strategies:
The same driver operates a piece of equipment on a daily basis. As a two-shift operation, that means only two drivers regularly operate any piece of equipment.
Between shifts, a 45-minute break allows the loader to be inspected and greased on a daily basis.
Every 250 hours, the oil is changed.
Every 4,000 hours, equipment goes through a thorough inspection.
“We don’t play musical chairs,” says Ronnie Inman, general manager, “And, we religiously change oil every 250 hours on 70-some units.”
Caterpillar does field follows on new machines at the site, and Tower Rock has logged about 4,700 hours on Cat’s Tier 4 Final 988K wheel loader.
Watch the loader in action in the video below.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry744 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets550 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year302 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either282 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY135 Views