GM names new CEO
General Motors announced board member Daniel Akerson will replace Edward Whitacre Jr. as the company’s chief executive officer on Sept. 1. Whitacre is the second consecutive CEO to serve for less than a year.
Akerson, a GM board member since July 2009, has held leadership roles in the telecommunications and finance industries.
GM made the announcement the same day it reported its second consecutive quarterly profit.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations257 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show256 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers242 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs169 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000166 Views