Godwin Pumps’ Joseph L. Abbott Jr. passes away
Joseph L. Abbott Jr., national sales manager for Godwin Pumps, has died.
Joining the Godwin Pumps team in 1989, Abbott brought sales and manufacturing expertise to the company from the sewer rehabilitation industry, Godwin says in a press statement about Abbott’s passing.
In the ensuing 20 years, Abbott was the primary sales contact with consulting engineers, working on hundreds of large and small bypass operations – from 100,000 GPM to 300 MGD – pumping process sewers as well as municipal treatment plants, pump stations and sewer systems.
In addition, Abbott helped build Godwin’s distribution network throughout the United States and Canada, managed product pricing and oversaw bids. Abbott also had many speaking engagements at trade functions throughout North America.
A Radnor, Pa., resident, Abbott received his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia.
He served as a member of NASSCO for more than 20 years, also as a director. He was also a member of the American Rental Association, the National Mining Association, the North American Society of Trenchless Technology, the Water Environment Federation and the National Utilities Contractors Association.
Abbott is survived by his wife and their three children.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views