Goulds XHD Extra Heavy Duty World-Class Lined Slurry Pump
The Goulds XHD Extra Heavy Duty World-Class Lined Slurry Pump is designed for use in mining and related industries, including applications involving primary metals, mineral processing, non-metallic mining, power utilities, and sand and aggregates. The XHD pump is suited specifically for use in Hydraulic Institute Service Class III (heavy—including thickener underflow, tailings disposal, slurry transfer and dilute media) and Class IV (very heavy—including primary grinding circuits, heavy media, thickener underflow and tailings disposal).
The capacity range of the XHD pump is 2,950 cubic meters per hour, or 13,000 gallons per minute with discharge pressure to 85 meters or 280 feet.
Designed with a comprehensive package of features combined in a single pump, the Goulds Pumps XHD has excelled in two measures of performance that are critical for customers with processes that require moving heavy slurries.
- High reliability, with design features in every critical area, which reduce wear and extend equipment life while pumping abrasive minerals or aggregates.
- Easy serviceability, with a unique suction seal ring that can be adjusted while the pump is running to maintain optimal impeller clearance and a split stuffing box for packing maintenance. The XHD also includes numerous other features that make parts more accessible to perform required maintenance more quickly.
The XHD pump is also relatively easy to install, without changing piping configurations or process design. A low center-line height and the wet-end design allow the XHD pump to be adapted to the foundations of currently installed slurry pumps from ITT Goulds Pumps or other manufacturers.
Five of the pump’s standard features are patented or have patents pending, noted John Manna, vice president of global marketing for ITT Goulds Pumps.
“We asked our mining customers what they would like to see in a next-generation slurry pump, then gave it to them by combining more than 100 years of slurry-pumping experience with some innovative new technologies,” Manna said. “The XHD pump is designed to withstand the wear caused by pumping heavy-duty slurries, and to help operators get back in operation quickly when service is required. We are confident that the XHD pump will offer higher uptime and lower cost of ownership than any other slurry pump available today.”
Engineered for harsh demands
Built with double-wall construction, the XHD pump features a full metric design and a large-diameter closed impeller, which extends wear life by enabling lower RPM operation. Using the latest computational fluid dynamics (CFD) technology, ITT Goulds Pumps engineers designed the XHD pump for optimal hydraulic operation—resulting in higher efficiency, longer wear and lower power consumption. Early XHD users have reported drops in electrical consumption of 10 to 15 percent over previously installed pumps.
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve517 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry256 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky214 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views