Granite awarded $64 million Florida expressway widening project
Granite Construction Inc. has been awarded a $64 million contract by the Florida Department of Transportation to widen about 1.5 miles of the existing Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway in Tampa, Fla., the company announced on Sept. 20. Granite will book the project into backlog during the third quarter of 2011.
Elevated over 14 city streets, the expressway will be widened from four lanes to six lanes while maintaining two open lanes of traffic at all times. Work on the project also includes the installation of precast bridge beams, drilled foundations, placed concrete, and the replacement of several existing bridge decks.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151563 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151041 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1033 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production697 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success563 Views