Granite awarded $64 million Florida expressway widening project
Granite Construction Inc. has been awarded a $64 million contract by the Florida Department of Transportation to widen about 1.5 miles of the existing Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway in Tampa, Fla., the company announced on Sept. 20. Granite will book the project into backlog during the third quarter of 2011.
Elevated over 14 city streets, the expressway will be widened from four lanes to six lanes while maintaining two open lanes of traffic at all times. Work on the project also includes the installation of precast bridge beams, drilled foundations, placed concrete, and the replacement of several existing bridge decks.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1069 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry614 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike231 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address229 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches196 Views