Granite awarded $64 million Florida expressway widening project
Granite Construction Inc. has been awarded a $64 million contract by the Florida Department of Transportation to widen about 1.5 miles of the existing Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway in Tampa, Fla., the company announced on Sept. 20. Granite will book the project into backlog during the third quarter of 2011.
Elevated over 14 city streets, the expressway will be widened from four lanes to six lanes while maintaining two open lanes of traffic at all times. Work on the project also includes the installation of precast bridge beams, drilled foundations, placed concrete, and the replacement of several existing bridge decks.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1535 Views
- Martin Marietta sees business results soar412 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”247 Views
- Man dies in silo accident at Texas concrete plant216 Views