Granite Construction awarded $181 million design/build highway project in Texas
Granite Construction Inc. has been given the O.K. to proceed on a $181 million contract by the North Texas Tollway Authority to construct Section 6 of the new Chisholm Trail Parkway. Granite will book the project into backlog during the fourth quarter of 2011.
The project consists of extending State Highway 121 from Fort Worth, Texas south 13 miles to Cleburne, Texas. The contract calls for the construction of a divided two-lane tollway with passing lanes, ramps at proposed cross streets, and 19 bridges. Scope of the work also includes drainage elements, illumination, striping and signage, electronic tolling, intelligent transportation systems, fencing, utility relocation, guard rails, and landscaping.
Construction work is estimated to begin in March of 2012 and be completed by April of 2014, according to a press release from Granite Construction.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program616 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas414 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents296 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials244 Views