Granite Construction awarded $181 million design/build highway project in Texas
Granite Construction Inc. has been given the O.K. to proceed on a $181 million contract by the North Texas Tollway Authority to construct Section 6 of the new Chisholm Trail Parkway. Granite will book the project into backlog during the fourth quarter of 2011.
The project consists of extending State Highway 121 from Fort Worth, Texas south 13 miles to Cleburne, Texas. The contract calls for the construction of a divided two-lane tollway with passing lanes, ramps at proposed cross streets, and 19 bridges. Scope of the work also includes drainage elements, illumination, striping and signage, electronic tolling, intelligent transportation systems, fencing, utility relocation, guard rails, and landscaping.
Construction work is estimated to begin in March of 2012 and be completed by April of 2014, according to a press release from Granite Construction.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry640 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter422 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company391 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections264 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction228 Views