Granite Construction awarded $22 million highway widening project in California
Granite Construction Incorporated announced on June 7 that Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $22 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the widening of approximately seven miles of Highway 46 near Bakersfield, CA.
Scope of the work includes the construction and widening of the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway. Along with the roadway excavation, work will include the placement of aggregate base, asphalt and concrete paving and the construction of drainage culverts.
Work is estimated to begin June 2010 and be completed by September 2011. For more information, go to the Caltrans Website at www.dot.ca.gov.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry606 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction492 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way392 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views