Granite Construction awarded $22 million highway widening project in California
Granite Construction Incorporated announced on June 7 that Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $22 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the widening of approximately seven miles of Highway 46 near Bakersfield, CA.
Scope of the work includes the construction and widening of the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway. Along with the roadway excavation, work will include the placement of aggregate base, asphalt and concrete paving and the construction of drainage culverts.
Work is estimated to begin June 2010 and be completed by September 2011. For more information, go to the Caltrans Website at www.dot.ca.gov.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1958 Views
- Vulcan in bidding war with USC749 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania527 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up459 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant321 Views