Granite Construction awarded $22 million highway widening project in California
Granite Construction Incorporated announced on June 7 that Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $22 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the widening of approximately seven miles of Highway 46 near Bakersfield, CA.
Scope of the work includes the construction and widening of the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway. Along with the roadway excavation, work will include the placement of aggregate base, asphalt and concrete paving and the construction of drainage culverts.
Work is estimated to begin June 2010 and be completed by September 2011. For more information, go to the Caltrans Website at www.dot.ca.gov.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person541 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger393 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)346 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger241 Views