Granite Construction awarded $22 million highway widening project in California
Granite Construction Incorporated announced on June 7 that Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $22 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the widening of approximately seven miles of Highway 46 near Bakersfield, CA.
Scope of the work includes the construction and widening of the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway. Along with the roadway excavation, work will include the placement of aggregate base, asphalt and concrete paving and the construction of drainage culverts.
Work is estimated to begin June 2010 and be completed by September 2011. For more information, go to the Caltrans Website at www.dot.ca.gov.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher524 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks360 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing153 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views