Granite Construction awarded $22 million highway widening project in California
Granite Construction Incorporated announced on June 7 that Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $22 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the widening of approximately seven miles of Highway 46 near Bakersfield, CA.
Scope of the work includes the construction and widening of the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway. Along with the roadway excavation, work will include the placement of aggregate base, asphalt and concrete paving and the construction of drainage culverts.
Work is estimated to begin June 2010 and be completed by September 2011. For more information, go to the Caltrans Website at www.dot.ca.gov.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs685 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity348 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries243 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views