Granite Construction awarded $22 million highway widening project in California
Granite Construction Incorporated announced on June 7 that Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $22 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the widening of approximately seven miles of Highway 46 near Bakersfield, CA.
Scope of the work includes the construction and widening of the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway. Along with the roadway excavation, work will include the placement of aggregate base, asphalt and concrete paving and the construction of drainage culverts.
Work is estimated to begin June 2010 and be completed by September 2011. For more information, go to the Caltrans Website at www.dot.ca.gov.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151550 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1004 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 2015879 Views
- Caterpillar to close 5 more plants, cut 670 jobs as part of cost reduction plan309 Views
- Martin Marietta's Guernsey Quarry manages production of five mineral deposits240 Views