Granite Construction awarded $22 million highway widening project in California
Granite Construction Incorporated announced on June 7 that Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $22 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the widening of approximately seven miles of Highway 46 near Bakersfield, CA.
Scope of the work includes the construction and widening of the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway. Along with the roadway excavation, work will include the placement of aggregate base, asphalt and concrete paving and the construction of drainage culverts.
Work is estimated to begin June 2010 and be completed by September 2011. For more information, go to the Caltrans Website at www.dot.ca.gov.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety351 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show274 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs197 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader197 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000168 Views