Granite Construction awarded $23 million California highway project
Granite Construction Inc. has been awarded a $23 million contract by Caltrans to rehabilitate about 4 miles of Highway 99 through Madera in the Central San Joaquin Valley. Granite will book the project into its second quarter 2011 backlog.
The scope of the project will consist of the rehabilitation of Highway 99 using asphalt and concrete paving, as well as improvements to existing electrical, signage, striping, and guard rails.
This is the first project to be awarded under Caltrans’ Design-Build Demonstration Program, a pilot program for the design-build method of procurement by California’s regional and state transportation agencies. For more information, please visit Caltrans’ website at www.dot.ca.gov/hq/oppd/designbuild.
Design work on the project is currently underway and construction work is expected to be complete by spring 2013.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)416 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars305 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)290 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees273 Views
- Texas town buys quarry land to eventually shut it down and keep the neighborhood quiet202 Views