Granite Construction awarded $29.5 million highway project in California
Granite Construction Company has been awarded a $29.5 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) to construct a new four-lane highway on State Route 78 near the town of Brawley, about 100 miles south of Palm Springs in Southern California. Granite will book the project into backlog during the fourth quarter of 2010.
Work will begin with excavating the current road and prepping the surrounding area for the additional lanes. Granite will be using hot-mix asphalt and continuously reinforced concrete pavement to construct the four new lanes and a new overpass. The majority of materials will be provided by Granite’s Indio facility.
Work is estimated to begin February 2011 and be completed by June of 2012.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry321 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views