Granite Construction awarded $29 million roadway project in New Mexico
Granite Construction Co. has been awarded a $29 million roadway pavement rehabilitation and reconstruction contract by the United States Department of the Interior Bureau of Indian Affairs.
The project is located on the Navajo Nation reservation in New Mexico and funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Granite will book the project into backlog during the third quarter of 2010.
Scope of the work includes pavement rehabilitation of about 62 miles of rural highway. The project will be divided into six sections spread out throughout 100 miles in San Juan and McKinley Counties.
Work is estimated to begin August 2010 and will take approximately 11 months to complete.
For more information, go to the Department of the Interior’s Recovery Investments Web site at http://recovery.doi.gov/.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2327 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...534 Views
- How to become a more productive worker312 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views