Granite Construction joint venture team competing for projects in Guam
Granite Construction Incorporated announced today that the joint-venture team composed of Granite, Hensel Phelps and Traylor Brothers is among seven teams of contractors awarded a $4 billion multiple award construction contract (MACC) by the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), Pacific. All work on this MACC will be performed within the NAVFAC Pacific area of responsibility, which includes Guam, Hawaii, Diego Garcia, and other areas in the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
Scope of the work includes new construction and rehabilitation of roads, bridges, runways, and additional naval facilities, such as barracks, dormitories and medical buildings. Work will be issued as task orders and will allow each of the seven contractors chosen by the NAVFAC to compete under the terms and conditions of the MACC.
The duration of the MACC is not to exceed 60 months and is estimated to be complete by May 2015.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151090 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success612 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting388 Views