Granite Construction joint venture team competing for projects in Guam
Granite Construction Incorporated announced today that the joint-venture team composed of Granite, Hensel Phelps and Traylor Brothers is among seven teams of contractors awarded a $4 billion multiple award construction contract (MACC) by the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), Pacific. All work on this MACC will be performed within the NAVFAC Pacific area of responsibility, which includes Guam, Hawaii, Diego Garcia, and other areas in the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
Scope of the work includes new construction and rehabilitation of roads, bridges, runways, and additional naval facilities, such as barracks, dormitories and medical buildings. Work will be issued as task orders and will allow each of the seven contractors chosen by the NAVFAC to compete under the terms and conditions of the MACC.
The duration of the MACC is not to exceed 60 months and is estimated to be complete by May 2015.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 903 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers289 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views